Wednesday, November 10, 2010

They Said Chemo Helped Her - You Buy That?



Dear Doctor Teo,


Good day to you. It is with a heavy heart that I write this email. I wish to seek your kind assistance on my wife on this urgent time of need.


Here are the chronology of events in summarized format:


June 2010, She underwent scoping as she  had blood in her stools and had occasional cramps. Doc found a growth in her colon and she underwent a major op to have that removed. The report on this is attached


July to Jan 2010, She underwent a 12 cycle chemotherapy. She was prescribed Oxaliplatin. Her treatment ended in Jan this year.


May 2010, She had a CT scan which basically cleared her of anything. Report as attached.


Nov 2010, She felt throbbing pain at her tail bone. After a CT scan it revealled that there is a growth (7x10cm). She had a surgery to remove her ovaries and uterus. I met with the surgeon after the surgery who commented that he found extensive tumor growth in her pelvis area and her eventual survival rate is slim. Chemotherapy is definitely on the table but this should be considered as prolonging her life rather than a cure. However he did say that on a more positive note, he commented that she had obviously responded well from her Oxaliplatin chemo therapy. He felt that if we decided not to do that, she probably would not have survived till today. The chemo did arrest the aggressive cancer growth.

She is currently in HDU as her surgery was only completed yesterday,  5 p.m. She is expected to stay there for a week. I am not sure yet on whether she will be undergoing another round of chemo therapy but this will be highly likely.


She is a very warm and caring person who has touched many people's lives in her own ways. We are married for 12 years and we have two very adorable twin boys of 6 years old. I cannot possibly imagine life without her and definitely having the two boys make this a very stark possibility. I would do anything in return for her wellbeing.


It is on this note that I wish your advise/ help. Should I bring Her to your center in Penang as soon as she is well enough to travel from her surgery? 


I have been undergoing a very painful experience for the past few days knowing that I may lose someone that I so dearly love and know that my two boys may not have their mother. This experience I do not wish upon anyone to go through. I would very very much be grateful if you can look at my email and provide some glimmer of light.


Thank you very much.


Reply: Thanks for your email. I think the better option is for you to come and see me in Penang after your wife recovers. Go to my website www.cacare.com -- and click on Bad Science Blind Truth. Read some of those articles. I suggest that you defer further chemo until you get to review all your medical reports with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment