Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lung Cancer from Hong Kong: Traceva and Alimta Failed – Declined Third Line Chemo


(1)I have been a Type II Diabetes Mellitus for over 10 years.
(2) Year end of 2009, felt like having a flu with shortness of breath.
(3) January 12, 2010, I have gone through a body check at hospital and realized that I had pleural effusion on my right lung and needed further check-up.
(4) January 14, 2010, I was at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Hong Kong, and was diagnosed as 'Right pleural biopsy show atypical cells'. The exact diagnosis is: adenocarcinoma of lung with intrapulmonary and liver metastatses, stage 4.
(5) Tarceva treatment started from February 2010 to mid-June 2010. The treatment stopped due to ineffectiveness shown.
(6) March 2010, because of pleural effusion, led to shortness of breath, Pleurodesis was performed to drain the fluid and eliminate the accumulation of fluid.
(7) After Tarceva treatment failed, a second-line treatment of chemotherapy, Alimta started in July. The dosage was deduced according to my health condition. It was less effective due to small dosage.
(8) May, 2010, suddenly felt heat beat was racing, up to 180 per minute. Rushed to emergency. Diagonsed SVT.
(9) Late July, 2010, I found pain around the hip areas.
(10) Diagnosed metastasis to left & right hip bone in late August, 2010.
(11) Chemotherapy stopped.
(12) Radiotherapy started in early September, for 7 days.
(13) Mid-September, doctor suggested third line chemotherapy as 2nd-line was found ineffective.
(14) I turned down the third line treatment as I don't want to suffer from the side-effect of chemotherapy.
I started to look for Chinese medicine treatment.
(15) I started to take Chinese medicine to strengthen my body system from mid-Sept until now. But this is not intended to cure my cancer, whereas just to strengthen my immune system and energy.
(16) Late October, I got a flu, and felt exhausted all the time, now still the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment