Tuesday, November 16, 2010

CA Rectum – Operation, Radio and Chemotherapy. Now Lung Cancer: Chemo Again But Failed. More Chemo But He Gave Up


Dear Prof Chris,

My name is D and I have a father, EG, who is currently 63 years old and diagnosed with a lung cancer and has undergone chemotherapy since March of this year.,  till two weeks ago which was the last one in Singapore . During around 7 months therapy he also suffered tuberculosis. In May which he has to stop the chemo for nearly two months. However, doctor claimed now that his TBC is already getting very well except that the chemo has not really came out with a satisfactory result which the cancer has getting slightly bigger than before the chemo was done.

My father also has a history of ca rectum; post radiotherapy (2007), chemotherapy ( from 2007 to 2008) and abdominoperitoneal resection ( December 2008) followed by chemotherapy for recurrence ( May 2010 to October 2010)

My father does not want to undergo the surgery and additional chemo as his body really cannot take in the chemo anymore. Other than that he is like a normal person who does not suffer any pain in chest or any parts of the body and looks like a normal guy.

Please kindly assist me on how to help my father. Really looking forward for the feedback soon from your side on this. I thank you very much on your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment