Thursday, May 27, 2010

No Sugar No Appetite (Variation: No Meat No Strength)

Dear Dr. Chris,

After two weeks my father eat less and less, therefore he is getting weaker and weaker. He told me that he doesn't have appetite for the food we prepared specially for him since it has to taste (according to him, but to my opinion the food tastes good).Now he asks me to borrow from a hospital a hose to eat so that his stomach is full with food without tasting it.Do you think this is a good idea? What would you suggest him to do?

It seems that he has less energy since he doesn't consume sugar at all. Can this sugar function be replaced by other thing? I read an article that cancer patients are allowed to consume palm sugar. Do you think this is right? Maybe my father will get his appetite back if he would be allowed to consume a bit from palm sugar.

Thank you very much for your kind attention, I'm looking forward to hear your opinion.God bless you. Warm regards,VH

Reply: Well, it sounds like difficult. He has to eat but I understand, some people like to eat tasty food. I am not too sure if it is a good idea to put a tube / food directly into his stomach. But if this is what makes him happy -- you can try if you like.

Well, it is not true that without sugar there is NO energy or taste --- in my house there is NO sugar. And I am full of energy and I have appetite. Sugar feeds cancer cells. Tell him that. After that if he thinks that he wants to take palm sugar, try it. And see if this makes him stronger or gain his appetite. May be it makes him happy and surely it will make the cancer cells happier.
Take care, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment