Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just Waiting to Die?

Dear Dr. Chris,
My name is L, I live in Batam, Indonesia. My mother (57 years old) had recently been diagnosed with Colon Cancer stadium III and have just had a surgery in Mahkota Medical Hospital in Melaka on 25 March 2010. She is now on tablet chemotherapy since intravenous chemo is too much for her to endure considering her hypertension which had caused 3 times stroke before, including the one she had post surgery, when she was still recovering in ICU. She also has a diabetic problem.

According to Oncologist, though she is on chemo, there is 75% possibility that her cancer will recurrence and spread to her liver. I presume he's basically saying my mother is just waiting to die. Therefore even though according to Oncologist it is unwise to combine Chemo with Herb, I still want to seek your help, because I have read a lot about you and I believe with God's help and my mom's high spirit to fight this illness, we will win over the battle.

I am attaching a letter from her surgeon for you to understand her condition better. Her last stroke had caused her to be very weak and unable to walk even though she can move her right leg a little bit but her legs cannot support her body. Her right arm cannot move at all. My questions are :

1. Do I need to bring her along to see you or I can go by myself with all her medical records ? Planning to go over on 14th May.
2. Please advise me further what I need to do or what I need to prepare prior our trip to Penang.

Thks & B'regards

Reply: You need to come and see me and don’t bring your mother ... Bring all the medical reports --- but you are coming in the middle of May? That is one month from now --- write me again when you really want to come ... no point telling me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment