Monday, July 26, 2010

Not All Patients Are Meant to Take Herbs

Subject: urgent inquiries
Dr.Chris,

Let me introduce myself briefly. I am an anxious daughter of a cancer patient who is suffering 2nd stage ovarian cancer. My mom has had her ovaries and uterus removed and is scheduled for chemotherapy (single dose carboplatin) this coming Wednesday (23 June 2010). I would like to know whether what herbs can help her cope with the chemo, as well as improving her immunity? Pls suggest. As I am now watching her diet closely, I hope the herbs can give her a helping hand too.
On top of that, I am residing in KL. Can I know what is the fastest way to get the herbs from you, as I know you are based in Penang.
Looking forward for your reply. Your kindness is very much appreciated.
Warmest regards.

Dear Dr. Chris,
I've consulted Mr. Yeong. Has been consuming C-tea since then, and chemo tea once for the 1st chemo. However, Mr. Yeong advised my mom to take another tea for ovarian/uterine cancer. Because of financial issue, I am yet to decide whether to consume one more herb. My concern is that since she already had her organs removed, is it still necessary to consume the above-mentioned tea? and why?
I hope to hear from you again.
Anxious daughter.

Reply: I suggest that you do the chemo and follow what the doctors want you to do and do NOT take the herbs ... No use... the herbs are not going to help her. Only 30% of patients who come and see me benefit and 70% don't. Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment